Purpose of the Disciplinary Process in Relation to the Principal Policy
This policy guides the Board on the process to be actioned when a complaint regarding the Principal has been received or where policy violation(s) may have occurred.
The Orakei Board of Trustees will use fair and transparent process relying on the principles of natural justice to investigate any complaint leading to a formal disciplinary process in regards to the Principal.
In the event the Board receives a complaint regarding the Principal or determines that policy violation(s) may have occurred in the first instance the Board will consider whether this may be dealt with in an informal manner. Where the Board considers the degree and seriousness of the concern or violation(s) sufficient to warrant initiating a disciplinary or competency process, the Board will convene the Remuneration Committee to investigate the complaint, violation or breach of policy.
- The Remuneration Committee will receive the written complaint if any, or all information in regards to the violation or breach of policy.
- The Committee will hold formal interviews with the complainant to gather information which shall be recorded in writing. The Committee shall also interview any other interested person(s) with information in regards to the complaint, breach or violation. The Committee will also interview the Principal in regards to the relevant issues.
- After completing all interviews, the Committee shall make a finding and report on that finding to the Board of Trustees. The Board will make a final recommendation in regards to the complaint, violation or breach. The process will be completed in as timely manner as possible.
Including but not limited to;
- Education Act 1989
- Employment Relations Act 2000
- Human Rights Act 1993
- Privacy Act 1993
- Protected Disclosures Act 2000
Document Management and Control
|Policy / Document Owner:||Orakei School Board of Trustees|
|Governance Policy Number:||CP4|
|Prepared or Reviewed By:||W Pihema|
|Authorised By:||The Board of Trustees|
|Date Policy Approved and Resolution No.:||June 12 2017 / 2.6.17|
|Date Last Reviewed:|
|Date of Next Review:||June 2020|
|Review Date:||Review Outcome:|