Purpose of the Meeting Process Policy
The purpose of this policy is to have clarity around the Board meeting process to ensure effective and efficient meetings focused on the correct outcomes.
The Board is committed to effective and efficient meetings that are focused at a governance level and provide the information the Board needs to be assured that all policies, plans and processes are being implemented and progressing as planned.
- Are based on a prepared agenda. The agenda preparation is the responsibility of the Chair. Sufficient copies of the agenda of the open (public) session will be posted on the Board of Trustees’ notice board five days before the meeting and available at the meeting place for the public.
- Are held with the expectation that Trustees have prepared for them and will participate in all discussions at all times within the principles of acceptable behaviour.
- Have the right, by resolution, to exclude the public and news media from the whole or part of the proceedings in accordance with the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act. Decisions by the Board are fully recorded but remain confidential. The Board needs to:
- make the reasons for excluding the public clear
- reserve the right to include any non-Board member it chooses.
- Can be held via audio, audio and visual, or electronic communication providing:
- all Trustees who wish to participate in the meeting have access to the technology needed to participate, and
- a quorum of members can simultaneously communicate with each other throughout the meeting.
Including but not limited to;
- Education Act 1989
- Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.
Document Management and Control
|Policy / Document Owner:||Orakei School Board of Trustees|
|Governance Policy Number:||CP15|
|Prepared or Reviewed By:||W Pihema|
|Authorised By:||The Board of Trustees|
|Date Policy Approved and Resolution No.:||June 12 2017 / 2.6.17|
|Date Last Reviewed:|
|Date of Next Review:||June 2020|
|Review Date:||Review Outcome:|