Purpose of the Curriculum Delivery Policy
The purpose of this policy is to define what the successful delivery of the curriculum within Orakei School will result in, and the responsibilities of the Principal to ensure the successful delivery on these outcomes.
Delivery of the curriculum shall foster student progress and achievement and meet all Board expectations and legislative requirements.
Responsibilities of the Principal
Therefore the Principal must ensure:
- Achievement of the Charter aims and targets.
- Compliance with the National Administration Guidelines.
- There is a focus on the national priority groups of Maori, Pasifika and students with special learning needs in school planning and reporting.
- That Board approval is sought before changes to the school curriculum requiring increased expenditure or significant changes to programmes or staffing are made.
Including but not limited to;
- Education Act 1989
- National Administration Guidelines
- National Education Guidelines
- UN on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Human Rights Act 1993
Document Management and Control
|Policy / Document Owner:||Orakei School Board of Trustees|
|Operational Policy Number:||OP1|
|Prepared or Reviewed By:||W Pihema|
|Authorised By:||The Board of Trustees|
|Date Policy Approved and Resolution No.:||June 12 2017 / 2.6.17|
|Date Last Reviewed:|
|Date of Next Review:||June 2020|
|Review Date:||Review Outcome:|