The Staff Trustee fulfils legislative requirements relating to Board composition.
Purpose of the Staff Trustee Role Description Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure clarity around the expectations, responsibilities and accountability of the role of Staff Trustee on the Board.
The role of the Staff Trustee is to bring a staff perspective to Board decision making and discussion. As a Trustee the Staff Trustee has an obligation to serve the broader interests of the school and its students and has equal voice, vote, standing and accountabilities as all other Trustees.
Staff Trustee Accountability & Standards
- To work within the Board’s Charter
- The Charter is obviously considered in Board decisions.
- To abide by the Board’s governance and operational policies
- The Staff Trustee has a copy of the Governance Manual and is familiar with all Board policies.
- The Staff/Student Trustee is first and foremost a Trustee and must act in the best interests of the students at the school at all times
- The Staff Trustee is not a staff advocate
- The Staff Trustee does not bring staff concerns to the Board.
- The Staff/Student Trustee is bound by the Trustee Code of Behaviour
- The Staff Trustee acts within the Code of Behaviour.
- It is not necessary for the Staff Trustee to prepare a verbal or written report for the Board unless specifically requested to from the Board
- No regular reports received unless a request has been made by the Board on a specific topic.
Including but not limited to;
- Education Act 1989
Document Management and Control
|Policy / Document Owner:||Orakei School Board of Trustees|
|Governance Policy Number:||CP11|
|Prepared or Reviewed By:||W Pihema|
|Authorised By:||The Board of Trustees|
|Date Policy Approved and Resolution No.:||June 12 2017 / 2.6.17|
|Date Last Reviewed:|
|Date of Next Review:||June 2020|
|Review Date:||Review Outcome:|